Saturday, February 27, 2016

Race schedule changes and other news...

I made a couple of adjustments to my race schedule this season based on travel, training schedule, etc. New schedule outlined below. With my change in race plans, 70.3 training week 1 is this Monday, 2/29!  Twenty weeks to Racine!  On March 8, I learn whether or not I made the lottery for the New York City Marathon.  Fingers crossed for the lottery entry or I'll likely run the race in support of Meb Keflezighi's charity, "Run for Meb"...which means I'll be hitting up all of you to contribute :-)

AZ Open Water Race (Lake Pleasant, AZ) - 3000m- Saturday, April 2
Sydney's Run 10K (+3 miles) (Peoria, AZ) - Sunday, April 3
Omaha Duathlon - Sunday, April 24
Lincoln Half Marathon - Sunday, May 1
Kansas City Triathlon - Sunday, May 15
Bolder Boulder 10K - Monday, May 30
USAT Athena/Clydesdale National Championships (Grand Rapids, MI)- Sunday, June 12
Ironman 70.3 Racine (Wisconsin) - Sunday, July 17
Omaha Corporate Cup - Sunday, September 11
Omaha Half Marathon (+ 6 miles) - Sunday, September 18
New York City Marathon - Sunday, November 6

Lake Pleasant, AZ

In other news, my hamstring is finally getting back to normal and although slow, I've been running more frequently WITHOUT PAIN! It's a beautiful thing. Also, I was just elected to the board of Team Nebraska Triathlon and will have the privilege of serving as the membership director this year. Really looking forward to contributing to the team and rocking some corncob arm warmers!  Stay tuned!



2 comments: